280 Hours / 6-7 Months, Part Time Program
This part-time Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist program features expert instruction, hands-on projects, and a real connection to the industry to get graduates hired.
Software Developers are putting out new software products practically every day! However, they may find that having an additional specialist responsible for looking for bugs or problems enhances the overall software deployment experience. That’s where the role of a Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist comes in.
A QA Specialist works with a wide variety of tech specialists to improve the quality and reduce the problems of a software product. When the QA Specialist meticulously finds and fixes these problems, the eventual product released is more valuable to the customers that use it.
Enable Students to Improve The World’s Digital Experiences And Software Usage
Through using different software assurance methodologies, generating testing reports, running queries, and conducting data and HTML analysis, students will have the power to enhance and improve any software product imaginable.
Open Doors With Industry Connections
Equip students to succeed in a rapidly expanding field with help from our network of QA experts, instructors, hiring partners, and alumni. The QA Specialist curriculum was created in collaboration with the industry’s leading companies to make our programs as relevant as possible to the local industry’s needs, assuring graduates will be job-ready as soon as the program ends.
Guide Students to Deliver a Professional Project
Throughout the program, practical skills in QA testing, basic data concepts, and software testing across web, cloud, and mobile platforms as well as soft skills like leadership and problem solving are acquired through the completion of large-scale projects. Students will gain hands-on experience through workshops and masterclasses, compiling a portfolio of projects designed to reinforce the various concepts and technologies students have learned in each unit.
Who Is the Program For?
The QA Specialist program is the ideal solution for driven and motivated individuals, with or without previous tech background, who wish to advance their career in the tech sector..
Top Notch Professionals
This unique program was built by a professional team made up of the leading experts in Quality Assurance, with vast knowledge and experience in training too.
CEO of Wawiwa
Eran is a tech education entrepreneur with over 20 years of experience. Eran founded and managed four IT training companies: John Bryce Training (Israel), TRIG (China), JB-IQsoft (Hungary), KocBryce (Turkey). Eran also partnered to establish DAN.IT Education (Ukraine), Techub (Georgia), and more. In addition, Eran managed Mentergy, which provided e-learning and distance learning solutions. Over the years, he was responsible for the reskilling of more than 50,000 individuals now working as tech professionals.
Chief Training Officer
Daniel is responsible for updating state-of-the-art topics in the company’s tech training programs, and for maintaining its training methodologies. Daniel was the Chief Trainer at the Israel Defense Force’s Tech Training Center and is a graduate of the IDF training process. He develops and delivers a wide range of programming courses, and is a Full-Stack Developer and Data Scientist.
Head of Quality Assurance Programs
Kobi is a Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist with over 10 years of experience in QA software testing and training. During his career, Kobi held a wide range of QA leadership positions, providing QA software testing for enterprises, startups, and app developers. Kobi holds a Bachelor’s of Arts (B.A.) in Economics and Logistics from Bar-Ilan University, a QA Engineering Degree from Ness College, and MCPD, MCT, and Dot.Net certifications from the Open University in Tel-Aviv.
- General introduction to Quality Assurance
- Examples of why software testing is so important
- Tools that we will use during the program
- Basic concepts in software Quality Assurance
- How software is created
- The concept of Application Lifecycle Management
- Review of software development methods
- Spiral / Agile Model
- Test Driven Development
- Test level in all tests
- Unit Tests
- System / delivery testing
- Acceptance testing
- Sanity tests
- Integration testing
- Regression testing
- Types of Tests
- Functionality (online / batch)
- Processes (within a system, end-to-end)
- Survival and Recovery
- Data conversions/ Migration
- Loads and performance
- Interface and Integration
- Backup and restore
- Analysis client’s requirements
- Extracting requirements from a functional design document
- Finding gaps and improvements in system requirements specifications document
- Testing when we don’t have SRS
- Working with flow charts on delivered software
- Software Test Planning
- Software Test Design
- Software Test Results
- Introduction to databases, basic concepts in the field of data
- Analysis and construction of ERD
- Writing basic SQL queries for retrieving data
- Use of common commands, syntax of queries, and manipulations of data
- Use of queries containing functions (SUM / COUNT / AVEG / MAX / MIN)
- Filtering information with conditions (AND / OR)
- Retrieving data from multiple tables by consolidation commands (INNER JOIN / LEFT / RIGHT)
- Data optimization functions (TRIM / LEN / ROUND and more)
- Functions of creation, updating deletion and insertion (Columns, tables and values)
- Creating Views, using Subqueries and group by / Having statements
- Methodology and best practice for site testing
- Usability on the web: typical problems, what to check and how?
- Checking web applications and interfaces
- HTML analysis, basic elements in this language
- Working with browsers in site testing;
- Using Postman for API testing
- Concept of testing in the Cloud
- Web Testing Project (15 hours)
- The world of mobile and its importance today
- Methodology for mobile testing
- IOS and Android operating systems and applications
- External Lab or Internal Lab
- Emphasis on mobile testing: Network, Localization, HW, Peripherals
- Mobile Testing Project
- Risk management, risk-oriented testing/crowd testing
- C/I testing
- Testing in Scrum and Kanban methods
- Working with user stories and other testing techniques in Agile
- Introduction to Java
- Automation tests using Selenium
- Automation testing with addition tools (demon on Ranorex)
- Building a basic automation infrastructure for a site to be selected in the classroom
- Testing with automation case study
- Tests for “Internet of Things” products
- Testing in the cyber age
- Trends in the world of testing
- AR/VR software, smart cars, robotics, AI and machine learning
- Final Testing Project (30 hours)