DevOps Specialist Program
390 Hours / 7-9 Months, Part-Time Evening Course
DevOps is the union of people, processes, and products that enables the continuous delivery of value to end-users.
DevOps aims to create a culture and environment where building, testing, and releasing software can take place rapidly, frequently, and reliably, so the company can innovate like a startup and scale like an enterprise.
Wawiwa’s DevOps Program enables graduates to understand why organizations need DevOps and to learn how to get started with DevOps. Trainees will learn the key ideas and techniques to bring development and operations together, resulting in high-quality, high-speed software development and delivery.
This program targets system administrators, software developers, and IT/Operations professionals who would like to work as DevOps Specialists in their next career step.
- Basic knowledge of software and hardware, including Operating Systems and IT networking fundamentals
- Familiarity with the command line, some knowledge of basic Linux commands, and familiarity with Bash Scripts or other coding language
- Linux Prep – Introduction
- Linux Prep – Linux Tools
- Linux Prep – Files in Linux
- Linux Prep – Bash Scripting
- Linux Prep – Advanced Commands
- Linux Prep – CentOS 7 Administration
- Introduction to DevOps
- Basics of Git
- Basics of Python, Bash and Scripts
- Jenkins, CI & Groovy Pipelines
- Nexus, Artifactory and SonarQube
- Logs and Monitoring Concepts
- Program Summary
- Final Project